AEC is excited to announce two summer openings, one for an evaluation assistant and one for a program assistant. These two paid internships will run from May to August of 2019. Both positions offer the chance to dive into the world of arts education with a focus on research and evaluation or program development and implementation.
If you’re interested in either internship, please review the descriptions below, then submit your résumé and a brief description of why you’re interested to Colin Williams at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Knowledge/skills/experience required: enrollment in two- or four-year degree-granting program or undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Experience in the arts, education, and/or evaluation preferred. Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong interpersonal, spoken, and written communication skills. Flexibility to interact respectfully and meaningfully with constituents with different life experiences, identities, vested interests, and communication styles, supporting Arts Education Collaborative’s commitment to equity and inclusion. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Capacity to work independently within organizational structures. Must be able to travel regionally during scheduled work hours, including locations without viable public transportation options.
Evaluation assistant responsibilities:
- Collect study data through various methods, including face-to-face interviews and unobtrusive observations.
- Prepare, compile, and format data for analysis in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and other software platforms.
- Assist with the design, formatting, and development of data collection instruments, including online surveys.
- Help manage logistical details related to data collection, including preparation of survey distribution lists, reminders, and tokens of appreciation.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and collaborate with the director of evaluation and planning to identify key findings.
- Create tables, charts, graphs, and other data visualizations to be incorporated in evaluation reports.
- Attend selected internal AEC staff meetings and consulting meetings with external arts organizations.
- Assist the director of evaluation and planning in project-related activities as directed.
The evaluation assistant will work a maximum of 60 hours per month for work study, academic credit, or a monthly stipend of $500.
Program assistant responsibilities:
- Research and compile information about current issues, policies, and environment to inform programs.
- Assist with managing logistical details related to programs (e.g., scheduling, catering, materials).
- Attend selected program events.
- Prepare, compile, and format reports in Microsoft Word, Microsoft OneNote, and other software platforms.
- Contribute to regular communications with constituents (e.g., monthly newsletter, periodic web posts).
- Review evaluation reports and findings and participate in conversations about program changes informed by evaluation.
- Assist the director of programs and manager of programs and communication in project-related activities as directed.
The program assistant will work a maximum of 30 hours per month for work study, academic credit, or a monthly stipend of $250.